Punkaharju Valtion Hotelli
At a Glance
- ocean-view rooms
- authentic Finnish feel
- basic rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Punkaharju Valtion Hotelli Review
Near Retretti Art Center, the Punkaharju National Hotel was constructed as a gamekeeper's lodge for Czar Nicholas I in 1845. Enlarged and restored, it is now a restful spot for a meal or an overnight visit. The manor house with small rooms is decorated in the old Finnish country style. The restaurant serves simple local dishes such as fried vendace. It's a half-hour drive from Savonlinna.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
We arrived in Helsinki around 6 pm coming from Ulan Bataar Mongolia (through Moscow). Read more
My 17 yr. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more