Pyhän Ristin Kirkko
Pyhän Ristin Kirkko Review
Six kilometers (3½ mi) north of Hämeenlinna is Hattula, whose Church of the Holy Cross is the most famous of Finland's medieval churches. Its interior is a fresco gallery of biblical scenes whose vicious little devils and soulful saints are as vivid and devious as when they were first painted around 1510.
- Address: Hattula, 13720
- Phone: 03/672–3383 during open hrs; 03/631–1540 all other times
- Cost: €3
- Hours: Mid-May–mid-Aug., daily 11–5; open at other times by appointment
- Location: Hämeenlinna
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
Hi, this is my first time on a forum. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more