Lintulan Luostari Review
You can reach the Lintula Convent by boat from Valamo, or you can visit both the convent and the monastery by boat on scenic day excursions from Kuopio. Boat tours from Kuopio are available mid-June to mid-August from Saimaan Laivamatkat. Tours depart from Kuopio's main pier; upon arrival at Palokin pier, taxi transport is arranged to Lintulan Luostari and Valamo, and the return trip to Kuopio is made by bus. The trip can be made in reverse, going by bus and returning by boat to the harbor, to Valamo only. You can also take a two-hour local cruise operated by Kuopio Roll Cruises for €11.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
We arrived in Helsinki around 6 pm coming from Ulan Bataar Mongolia (through Moscow). Read more
I just found out that I'll be visiting Helsinki in April 2014, and I'm super excited! Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more