Lintulan Luostari Review
You can reach the Lintula Convent by boat from Valamo, or you can visit both the convent and the monastery by boat on scenic day excursions from Kuopio. Boat tours from Kuopio are available mid-June to mid-August from Saimaan Laivamatkat. Tours depart from Kuopio's main pier; upon arrival at Palokin pier, taxi transport is arranged to Lintulan Luostari and Valamo, and the return trip to Kuopio is made by bus. The trip can be made in reverse, going by bus and returning by boat to the harbor, to Valamo only. You can also take a two-hour local cruise operated by Kuopio Roll Cruises for €11.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in July-August. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more