Taidekeskus Retretti (Retretti Art Center)
Taidekeskus Retretti (Retretti Art Center) Review
One of the most popular excursions from Savonlinna is to the eastward Taidekeskus Retretti. It's accessible via a two-hour boat ride or a 30-minute, 29-km (18-mi) bus trip. It consists of a modern art complex of unique design and has a cavern section built into the 8-km (5-mi) Punkaharju Ridge, which rises from the water and separates the Puruvesi and Pihlajavesi lakes. (At times the pine-covered rocks narrow to only 25 feet, yet the ridge still manages to accommodate a road and train tracks.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
We arrived in Helsinki around 6 pm coming from Ulan Bataar Mongolia (through Moscow). Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more