Getting Here and Around
Kuopio's airport, 20 km (12 mi) from the town center, is a one-hour flight from Helsinki on either Finnair or Blue 1. It's a 10–15-minute drive into town; both airlines provide regular shuttle service for €5, while a taxi booked in advance will cost €10 and may pick up other passengers along the way; a direct, non-prebooked ride will cost €20. A drive to Kuopio from Helsinki takes four hours along route E63, passing through Mikkeli; ExpressBus service from Helsinki runs up to seven times a day and takes six or seven hours depending on how many stops it makes. VR trains run from Helsinki seven times a day, with the fastest Pendolino train making the journey in five hours. Saimaan Laivamatkat Oy offers tours to the Lintulan Luostari (Lintula Convent).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's