Founded in 1639, Hämeenlinna is the birthplace of Finnish composer Jean Sibelius and today further encourages its resident artists with an impressive urban park. Its big castle and small museums make the town a good place for a day trip from Helsinki.
Hämeenlinna at a Glance
- Hämeen Linna (Häme Castle)
- Hämeenlinnan Taidemuseo (Hämeenlinna Art Museum)
- Iittala Lasikeskus (Iittala Glass Center)
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's