Getting Here and Around
Turku's airport is a 20- to 25-minute taxi ride from the town's center, which will cost €20–€25. Alternatively, you can take the #1 bus, which leaves from in front of the Hamburger Bors Hotel every 20 minutes and goes straight to the airport for €2.50. Finnair provides service to and from Helsinki and Stockholm. The Helsinki–Turku drive is 166 km (103 mi) on E18.
In summer, Turku TouRing, the tourist office, has a three-hour tour of Turku's main sights, including the cathedral and castle. They also have tours geared to children. A TurkuCard includes unlimited travel on city public transportation, a guided city tour in summer, free entry to all the city's museums, and restaurant discounts. It's available for one or two days (€21 or €28, respectively) or as a family card for up to two adults and three children under 15 for one day (€40). You can buy it at museums, most hotels, or at the tourism information office; contact Turku Touring for more information.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's