Upstairs, a fine-dining restaurant complete with river views and a fish tank maître'd desk; downstairs, pub-style seating with a smaller menu where locals come to sip mugs of the restaurant's own light and dark brews. Both feature French-influenced Finnish cuisine, whether it be the five-course Menu Herman for €60–€70 (sound familiar? this restaurant actually predates Rocca) or à la carte entrees including fried white fish with sweet potato cake and fennel sauce and desserts such as a mocca crème brûlée with muscovado ice cream. Book early and request a table by the front windows. Downstairs is closed for dinner in winter but you can try the beer at a small lounge upstairs or come at lunch for the €8.60 all-you-can-eat buffet.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
We arrived in Helsinki around 6 pm coming from Ulan Bataar Mongolia (through Moscow). Read more
I just found out that I'll be visiting Helsinki in April 2014, and I'm super excited! Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more