Southwestern Coast and the Ålands Sights

Advertisement

Naantalin Luostarikirkko (Naantali's Vallis Gratiae)

Naantalin Luostarikirkko (Naantali's Vallis Gratiae) Review

The convent Naantalin Luostarikirkko was founded in 1443 and completed in 1462. It housed both monks and nuns, and operated under the aegis of the Catholic church until it was dissolved by the Reformation in the 16th century. Buildings fell into disrepair, then were restored from 1963 to 1965. The church is all that remains of the convent.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Nunnak, Keskusta, Naantali, 21100 | Map It
  • Phone: 02/437–5420; 02/437–5413 to check current schedules
  • Cost: Free
  • Hours: May, daily 10–6; June–Aug., daily 10–8; Sept.–Apr., Wed. noon–2, Sun. 11 (or after worship service ends)–3 or by arrangement
  • Location: Naantali

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

View more trip reports

· News & Features

View more blog stories