Raaseporin Linna (Raseborg Castle)
Raaseporin Linna (Raseborg Castle) Review
Snappertuna is a small farming town 16 km (10 mi) east of Tammisaari. It has a proud hilltop church, a charming homestead museum, and the handsome restored ruins of Raaseporin Linna, set in a small dale. The castle is believed to date from the 14th century. One 16th-century siege left the castle damaged, but restorations have given it a new face. In summer, concerts and plays are staged here, and there are old-fashioned market fairs. Call for information on guided tours.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
We arrived in Helsinki around 6 pm coming from Ulan Bataar Mongolia (through Moscow). Read more
I just found out that I'll be visiting Helsinki in April 2014, and I'm super excited! Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more