Synonymous with "fine-dining in Turku," the city's most upscale restaurant is a waterfront white-linen-and-exposed-brick affair a short riverside walk from the city center. The menu is decidedly Scandinavian with French and Italian influences, and features seasonal fish and game in appetizers such as crayfish soup with lobster mousse and entrees such as deer silverside with turnip puree and dark Banyuls sauce. The five-course Menu Rocca ranges from €50 depending on the ingredients used (one of the five is a cheese course prior to dessert). The wine list usually includes 160 bottles; wine tastings and special menus can be arranged.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Turku Savings! Book at Cumulus Turku Fr $133+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Holiday Inn Turku Fr $102+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Turku Fr $186+/Nt — $186 Save with Expedia, $45/night less
We arrived in Helsinki around 6 pm coming from Ulan Bataar Mongolia (through Moscow). Read more
We just got back from nearly two weeks in Iceland and Scandinavia last night -- and since the fourth cup of coffee is kicking in I thought I'd write up a short trip review. Read more
I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions) Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more