Synonymous with "fine-dining in Turku," the city's most upscale restaurant is a waterfront white-linen-and-exposed-brick affair a short riverside walk from the city center. The menu is decidedly Scandinavian with French and Italian influences, and features seasonal fish and game in appetizers such as crayfish soup with lobster mousse and entrees such as deer silverside with turnip puree and dark Banyuls sauce. The five-course Menu Rocca ranges from €50 depending on the ingredients used (one of the five is a cheese course prior to dessert). The wine list usually includes 160 bottles; wine tastings and special menus can be arranged.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in July-August. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more