Getting Here and Around
Mariehamn's airport is 5 km from the town center and a €10–€15 10-minute taxi ride. Finnair provides service to and from Helsinki and Stockholm.
Åland is most cheaply reached by boat from Turku and Helsinki. Call the TallinkSiljan or Viking Line in Turku, Mariehamn, Tampere, or Helsinki. You can also reach the islands by Alandstrafiken ferry, which also transports cars. Purchase tickets at the harbor.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe