This ironworks village is best known as the place where the Fiskars company began producing its orange scissors in 1967. The company has since relocated production but still owns much of the picturesque lake-dotted, tree-lined village, where it has encouraged artists, designers, and their families to settle. At any given time, the village features two exhibitions (one usually related to the Fiskars company, one to international art), a modest museum, a couple of rather good restaurants, and a small hotel.
Fiskars Village at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's