- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- activities at your doorstep
- range of high-quality accommodation options
- can feel isolated
Check Rates from our Partners
Tunturikeskus Kiilopää Review
This "fell center" is in the midst of hiking and cross-country skiing territory in the Urho Kekkonen National Park district, 45 km (28 mi) south of Ivalo Airport. Accommodations are in beautifully crafted log cabins, apartments, or individual hotel rooms, all made of wood and stone. Apartments have picture windows and fireplaces. Eighteen new log cabins were completed in 2007. The restaurant serves reindeer and other game entrées.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in July-August. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more