- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
The Sodankylä region has some of the oldest Sami settlements, and today it is one of the most densely populated areas of Finnish Lapland. In the town of Sodankylä, 130 km (81 mi) north of Rovaniemi (via Rte. 4 or 5), is a Northern Lights Observatory (for professionals only) and an ancient wooden church. The Midnight Sun Film Festival draws crowds during the height of summer, running films in tents throughout the night.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
Just checking if a seven day cruise to the Norwegian fjords in July is a wonderful trip to take.
Looking for a short cruise but not the Caribbean or Bahamas. Coming from the States. any suggestions???? Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more