- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Finnair runs five 1½-hour flights a day to Ivalo in high season, one a day in low season. In winter, groups sometimes charter flights from London and Paris to Ivalo en route to visiting the Santa Clause Village. Despite Ivalo's being 10 km (6 mi) from the airport, FInnair's airport shuttles do not go here. From the airport, your only option is a 10-minute, €15 taxi ride into town; there are usually taxis waiting. Buses leave six times daily from Rovaniemi to Ivalo (four hours). For tourist information, contact Saariselka.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's