- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
The village of Ivalo is the main center for northern Lapland and the largest village in the Inari region, with 4,300 inhabitants. It connects major snowmobile routes in winter and attracts anglers to its lakes, which have a reputation for bountiful fishing, in summer.
Ivalo at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's