- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
It is a stunning drive northwest from Ivalo along the lakeshore to Inari, home of the Sami Parlamenta (Sami Parliament) and the center of Sami culture. Lake Inari is Finland's second largest and includes more than 3,000 islands, around which locals and visitors fish in summer and snowmobile in winter. Other popular activities include visiting a reindeer farm, canoeing the nearby rivers, hiking, and cross-country skiing in the Arctic wilderness.
Inari at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's