- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Helsinki's suburbs and most of the rest of southern, western, and central Finland are well served by trains. Travel on trains within the city limits costs the same as all public transport, €2 or less if you use a Travel Card (which carries an initial fee of €9 but reduces the cost of each trip; you can buy the card for specific amounts or time periods). A single regional ticket costs €4 and is good for 80 minutes, including transfers. Regional tourist tickets are available for one day (€12), three days (€24), and five days (€36).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe