- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are numerous taxi stands; central stands are at Rautatientori at the station, the main bus station, Linja-autoasema, and in the Esplanade. Taxis can also be flagged, but this can be difficult, as many are on radio call and are often on their way to stands, where late-night lines may be very long. An average taxi ride in Helsinki can cost around EUR 10; a taxi from the airport can cost EUR 30 or more. All taxis in Helsinki go through the Taxi Center, or you can call Kovanen, a private company for taxis, vans, luxury minibuses, and limousine services.
Kovanen (0200/6060 €1.25 per minute plus local charge, open 24 hrs. www.kovanen.com.)
Taxi Center (0100/0700 Immediate, €1.15 plus local charge; 0100/0600 Advance, €6.40 added to fare, plus €1.15 per call plus 16 cents per 10 seconds plus local charge. www.taksihelsinki.fi.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line