- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A ferry to the Suomenlinna fortress island runs about twice an hour, depending on the time of day, and costs €2 one-way and €3.80 round-trip. Ten-trip tickets issued for city public transport can be used on the ferry, too. From June to August, private water buses run from Kauppatori to Suomenlinna, charging €3.50 one-way and €5.50 round-trip.
Boat and Ferry Info
Suomenlinna Ferry (Suomenlinnan Liikenne Oy, Merikasarminkatu 10, Helsinki, 00160. 09/3102–1000. www.slloy.fi.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's