- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Specializing in traditional Nordic food with a modern twist, this cheerful restaurant has introduced Finnish tapas to a grateful world. Since it's as close to the city's best shops as it's possible to get, this is where the girls go to kick off their designer shoes and enjoy some sparkling wine, delicious food, and even tastier gossip. The tapas are fun to share, but the squeaky cheese and smoked moose is one you may try to keep all to yourself. There's no shortage of main courses, either: the Lapland flatbread and reindeer hamburger is very tasty. The blueberry pie is a specialty from Peltola Cheese House. Try the kuusenkerkkä —a delicious non-alcoholic sparkling drink made from fresh spruce buds. Reservations are a good idea on Friday and Saturday.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
Hi, this is my first time on a forum. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more