- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Restful luxury is what you'll find here, from the forest-inspired Kari Lappalainen interior design to the Michelin star (awarded in 2012) and the artfully presented food. The Scandinavian cuisine here is modern, and the menu changes to reflect what ingredients are in season. An appetizer with pork and locally caught vendace (whitefish) is highly recommended, and the sander (pike perch) with chanterelles and cauliflower is a superb main. With two set options, the lunch menu is a pretty good value for such an upmarket restaurant. The staff can sometimes appear very busy, but they're also highly efficient and very pleasant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in July-August. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more