- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sitting at the mouth of Helsinki's south harbor, Saaristo sits on Klippan island. There's hardly a seat in the whole restaurant that doesn't offer a stunning view: from the Empire-era buildings to the north, to the massive sea fortress of Suomenlinna to the south, with yachts and cruise ships floating by. Seafood is a speciality, but the lightly smoked duck breast starter with pear and liquorice compote is divine, as is the seared moose with apple-celery puree. A selection of Scandinavian cheeses is a great way to finish your meal, perhaps with a glass of schnapps. The ferry to the island leaves from Olympia terminal, near Kaivapuisto.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
Hi, this is my first time on a forum. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more