- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chez Dominique Review
Celebrity chef Hans Välimäki uses locally produced ingredients wherever possible, creating his own Finnish take on high-end French cuisine. While the menu changes several times a year, pigeon from Anju filled with duck foie gras and served with consumme or salsify (oyster plant) has held its own since 1998; a recurring dessert is chocolate cannelloni with liquid chocolate and raspberry mousse. The dining room, design by Finn Vertti Kivi, is a sexy combination of black carpet, white walls, leather chairs, and black tinted glass, with a few small veiled-glass windows into the kitchen. There's a 13-course degustation menu for around €175.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
We are in Tallin for a meeting for 5 days in May. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives ... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more