- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sokos Hotel Torni
Check Rates from our Partners
Sokos Hotel Torni Review
The original part of this hotel was built in 1903, and its towers and internal details still reflect some of the more fanciful touches of Helsinki's Jugendstil period. An art deco–style section was added in 1928. The higher floors of the original section, especially the Atelier Bar, have striking views of Helsinki. The bar also has monthly art exhibits. Old-section rooms on the courtyard are best; some have high ceilings with original carved-wood details and wooden writing desks; many also have little alcoves and other pleasing design oddities. The rooms on the top floors are modern, with glass bathrooms.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
Hi, this is my first time on a forum. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more