- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Standing at the foot of the Russian Orthodox Uspenski Cathedral, Sipuli gets its name, "onion," from the church's bulbous golden cupolas. The restaurant is in a 19th-century warehouse building, with redbrick walls and dark-wood panels, and a skylight with a spectacular view of the cathedral. The classic French-Finnish combinations on the menu may include a creamy chanterelle soup with a side of pork and an apple compote, smoked roast of reindeer calf with duck liver and beets, and roasted lavaret (a kind of whitefish) with lobster quinoa and dill aioli.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
Hi, this is my first time on a forum. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more