- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Given that its airy dining room was designed by Alvar Aalto and overlooks the Esplanade Gardens, it's no surprise that the Savoy is a frequent choice for business lunches. This was Finnish statesman Marshal Karl Gustaf Mannerheim's favorite restaurant; he is rumored to have introduced the vorschmack (minced lamb and anchovies) recipe. Savoy's menu usually includes reindeer fillet and a changing menu of inventive fresh fish dishes, such as seared scallops with blue mussel tortellini and fennel sauce.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
We arrived in Helsinki around 6 pm coming from Ulan Bataar Mongolia (through Moscow). Read more
My wife and I have three weeks to travel in and around Scandinavia, most likely in September. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more