- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Given that its airy dining room was designed by Alvar Aalto and overlooks the Esplanade Gardens, it's no surprise that the Savoy is a frequent choice for business lunches. This was Finnish statesman Marshal Karl Gustaf Mannerheim's favorite restaurant; he is rumored to have introduced the vorschmack (minced lamb and anchovies) recipe. Savoy's menu usually includes reindeer fillet and a changing menu of inventive fresh fish dishes, such as seared scallops with blue mussel tortellini and fennel sauce.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in July-August. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more