- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Korkeasaari Eläintarha (Helsinki Zoo)
Korkeasaari Eläintarha (Helsinki Zoo) Review
Snow leopards and reindeer like the cold climate here, at one of the world's most northern zoos. Entirely within the limits of this small island, the winding paths make the zoo seem larger than it actually is. Children love the outdoor play equipment. Between May and September the ferry departs on the full and half-hour from Market Square; the ticket for it includes entrance to the zoo. The trip takes 15 minutes; arrival and departure times are posted at the harbor. Alternatively, you can take the metro to the Kulosaari stop, cross under the tracks, and follow the signs for a 20-minute walk to the zoo. Bus connections are from Erottaja or Herttoniemi (weekends).
- Address: Korkeasaari (Korkea Island), Mustikkamaanpolku 12, Korkeasaari, Helsinki, 00570 | Map It
- Phone: 09/3103-7900
- Cost: €10 (land); €16 (with ferry). Child €5 (land); €8 (incl. ferry)
- Hours: May–Aug., 10–8; Sept., 10–6; Oct.–Mar., 10–4; Apr., 10–6.
- Website: www.korkeasaari.fi
- Location: Helsinki
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
We arrived in Helsinki around 6 pm coming from Ulan Bataar Mongolia (through Moscow). Read more
I just found out that I'll be visiting Helsinki in April 2014, and I'm super excited! Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more