- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A short distance from the town center, Elite makes a welcome place to recharge after visiting the Temppeliaukio Kirkko and the Sibelius monument—especially in summer, when there's outdoor seating. Its simple art-deco interior and spacious layout are popular with artists and writers. Traditional Finnish dishes to sample are fried Baltic herring, salmon soup with rye bread, and select game. If you want more international dishes, try the grilled king prawn tails with Parmesan risotto and lime sauce or the grilled liver Anglaise and mashed potatoes with butter and parsley.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I thought I'd post this for anyone thinking about traveling to Finland. Read more
At eight fifteen in the evening I am on the cold and windy sundeck of the Amorella as the lights of Stockholm slowly fades in the distance.
On a moonless night I am making a ten hour journey across the Read more
Hi, this is my first time on a forum. Read more
· News & Features
It's the land of the midnight sun, its capital was named the 2012 World Design Capital, and Santa lives... Read more
Northern Finland’s tourism peaks in winter, and with good reason; in addition to snow sports galore...... Read more