Tallinn Travel Guide
Plan Your Tallinn Vacation
The oldest capital city in northern Europe, Tallinn—or Reval as it was known for most of the last 600 years— first appeared on a map in 1154 and its Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For a city whose history reaches back beyond the Teutonic Knights, Tallinn as also been described by The New York Times as “as sort Silicon Valley of the Baltic Sea” and the success of the IT sector here is reflected in the city’s modern business area. Tallinn was also named the European City of Culture in 2011, cementing its growing reputation as a cultural hotspot.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Tallinn restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Tallinn
Tallinn's tiny Old Town, the most impressive in the...read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When should you go?... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's