- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Yorkshire is the largest of England’s historic counties (and its proud inhabitants would say it's the only one worth visiting). At its heart is the ancient city of York, with its cathedral and medieval city walls. To the west is the bustling city of Leeds, while a few miles away are the wild hills that form what the tourist office calls Brontë Country—Haworth, where the Brontë family lived, and the valleys and villages of the Yorkshire Dales. North of York is the North York Moors National Park. Isolated stone villages, moorland walks, and Rievaulx Abbey are within easy reach.
Along the east coast of Yorkshire, beaches and a fascinating history await you in the resort town of Scarborough, the former whaling port of Whitby, and Robin Hood's Bay.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's