- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Skipton in Airedale, capital of the limestone district of Craven, is a country market town with as many farmers as visitors milling in the streets. There are markets Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, with a farmers’ market on Sunday, and shops selling local produce predominate.
Skipton at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Bolton Abbey
- Castle Howard
- Haworth: Heart of Brontë Country
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's