- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Yorke Arms
The Yorke Arms Review
The peaceful rural location of this "restaurant with rooms" belies the sophistication of its distinctive cooking. With an emphasis on seasonal ingredients, creative combinations of flavors, and elegant presentations, the kitchen turns out such appetizers as wild garlic tarts with artichoke and apple, or truffled rabbit and smoked chicken with persimmons. Main courses might include honeyed quail with polenta and marjoram or John Dory with scallops. The dessert selection is fabulous, so save room. The dinner menu is pricey, but the £35 set menu at lunch is good value. The restaurant is housed in a medieval building that dates back to the 11th century (the monks of nearby Fountains Abbey made cheese in the cellar), and the 11 rooms are spacious and charming. There are also four modern courtyard rooms.
- Address: Ramsgill-in-Nidderdale, Pateley Bridge, HG3 5RL
- Phone: 01423/755423
- Location: Harrogate
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre, ... Read more