- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Cross Keys
The Cross Keys Review
A former watering hole for foundry workers, this lovely old inn is now a warm gastropub with exposed brick and wood beams. The food is unfussy and reliably good, noted for its use of fresh, local ingredients. The menu inclines towards old favorites done right, like chicken breast in a red wine sauce, wild boar sausages and mashed potatoes, or beer-battered fish with fries. In summer, you can sit in a sunny courtyard with a glass of wine from the varied wine list or a pint of local ale. Best of all, the prices make it a good value.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre, ... Read more