- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
A converted Victorian shop, this unpretentious restaurant has work by local artists on the walls, but you'll more likely be trying to catch a glimpse of the open kitchen beyond a glass door. The excellent seasonal menus are highly imaginative takes on modern British dishes using regional produce, such as chicken with apples and parsley mashed potatoes, venison in a red-wine sauce with fondant potatoes, or fish-and-mussel stew with potatoes and fennel. There's also a five-course "Yorkshire Tasting Menu" for £38. Melton's is a 10-minute walk from Clifford's Tower. There's an offshoot bar-bistro called Melton's Too on neaby Walmsgate.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre, ... Read more