- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
This moorland village, 8 miles southwest of Whitby, has a charming 1865 train station that was the location for Hogsmeade Station, where students bound for Hogwarts disembarked in the film Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
North Yorkshire Moors Railway. The 18-mile-long North Yorkshire Moors Railway, between Grosmont and Pickering, passes through picturesque towns and moorland. The route of the steam-powered trains sometimes extends to Whitby. Pickering Station, Park St., Pickering, YO18 7AJ. 01751/472508. www.nymr.co.uk. £24. Late Mar.–early Nov., daily; early Nov.–Feb., some weekends and holidays.
- Address: Whitby
- Location: Whitby
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
· News & Features
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre,... Read more