- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
This moorland village, 8 miles southwest of Whitby, has a charming 1865 train station that was the location for Hogsmeade Station, where students bound for Hogwarts disembarked in the film Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
North Yorkshire Moors Railway. The 18-mile-long North Yorkshire Moors Railway, between Grosmont and Pickering, passes through picturesque towns and moorland. The route of the steam-powered trains sometimes extends to Whitby. Pickering Station, Park St., Pickering, YO18 7AJ. 01751/472508. www.nymr.co.uk. £24. Late Mar.–early Nov., daily; early Nov.–Feb., some weekends and holidays.
- Address: Whitby
- Location: Whitby
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre, ... Read more