- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- central location
- elegant atmosphere
- plenty of privacy
- rooms can be a bit chilly
Check Rates from our Partners
Millgate House Review
This 18th-century house in the center of Richmond has been beautifully restored, as you'll note from the elegant dining room and sitting room. The spacious bedrooms are decorated in soothing neutrals and are filled with well-chosen art and antiques. All have views of the town or the extraordinary gardens, which have won Royal Horticultural Society awards. Big clawfoot tubs lure you into the bathrooms—some of which have their own fireplaces. Breakfasts here win raves for their variety and freshness. In addition to the three rooms, there are two self-catering alternatives: a 5-bedroom coach house and a garden apartment that sleeps two.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
I'll be spending some time in Europe this summer and was curious thoughts on European fashion for a larger man. I'm 6' 2" and generally wear XL. Most of the European fashion I see is for skinny Read more
· News & Features
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre, ... Read more