Bay Hotel Review
The village's most favored pub is this friendly Victorian retreat, perfectly positioned at the bottom of the village. It's atop a seawall on the edge of the North Sea, so there are dramatic views (if you can get a coveted window table). In winter, a roaring fire warms all comers. Whitby scampi and savory meat pies are often on the menu, which leans towards well-prepared traditional pub grub.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's