Castle Museum Review
In an 18th-century building whose elegance belies its former purpose as a debtors' prison, this quirky museum of everyday items includes a Victorian street complete with a working water mill, as well as notable domestic interiors, a toy gallery, and an exhibition on World War I. You can also visit the cell where Dick Turpin, the 18th-century highwayman and folk hero, spent the night before his execution.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's