- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
This is actually three eateries in one. Anthony's, the fine-dining restaurant, is in an art gallery-like space on the ground floor of the Corn Exchange. The chef takes many chances, and the results are hugely rewarding to lovers of creative cuisine. Main courses change frequently but can include rib-eye steak with baby squid and baby gem lettuce or a palate cleanser of black sesame seed ice cream. There are fixed-price menus for lunch (three courses, £22.50) and dinner (six courses, £45). In the courtyard outside is a less formal cafe that serves sandwiches and salads, as well as fabulous homemade cupcakes with "infusions" of cappucino or lemon fizz. Upstairs there's a brasserie called Piazza by Anthony that serves grills and gastropub favorites and a patisserie in the Victoria Quarter shopping arcade.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
England’s Yorkshire inspired the Brontë sisters’ classic novels including Jane Eyre, ... Read more