- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Northern Rail trains leave from Harrogate and York every hour or so, taking 12 and 20 minutes. Local buses travel here from nearby towns, but they are less frequent. By car, the village is on A59, and well signposted.
The village lies on a precipitous hill. The town is easily walkable, although it helps to be in good shape. There are clearly marked public parking areas.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- London and Paris Experience IExplore
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- London Experience — $2,857 IExplore
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises