- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The old stone village of Danby nestles in the green Esk valley, a short walk from the summit of the moors. It's been settled since Viking times—Danby means "village where the Danes lived"—and these days it's home to the main information center for Moors National Park. There's also a pub and a cozy bakery with a tearoom. Bring hiking boots and within 10 minutes you can be surrounded by moorland looking down on the village below.
Elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Bolton Abbey
- Castle Howard
- Haworth: Heart of Brontë Country
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's