- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A fishing port settled since Roman times and probably long before, Bridlington is less upmarket than some other Yorkshire seaside resorts, although it arguably has the best beach of them all—a wide arc of dark sand. Boat trips through the harbor and up the coast depart frequently in summer, or you can simply join the milling crowds that promenade up and down the kitschy seafront, eating fish-and-chips, browsing at the cheap gift shops, and frequenting the rides at the old-fashioned amusement park.
Elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Bolton Abbey
- Castle Howard
- Haworth: Heart of Brontë Country
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's