- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A leafy, picturesque village amid the rolling hills of the Yorkshire Dales, Bolton Abbey is a famously attractive town with a stone church and an evocative ruined priory. Much of the area is still technically owned by the duke of Devonshire, who has a huge estate nearby—a lingering reminder of the country's feudal past.
Bolton Abbey at a Glance
Elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Castle Howard
- Haworth: Heart of Brontë Country
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's