Sights & Attractions in The West Country
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Wells
The Bishop's Eye gate leading from Market Place takes you to the...
|Castles / Palaces||Wells|
Cathedral Church of St. Andrew
The great west towers of this medieval structure, the oldest...
To the north of the cathedral, the cobbled Vicar's Close, one...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||Wells|
Wookey Hole Caves
These limestone caves in the Mendip Hills, 2 miles northwest...
Browse All West Country Sights
- Dartmoor National Park
- Exmoor National Park
- Land's End
- Lizard Peninsula
- Lydford Gorge
- Lynton and Lynmouth
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $142-$165 -- Central London Hotel Through Summer, 30% Off ibis London Euston St. Pancras
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1699 & up -- London, Paris & Rome 9 Nts. w/Air & Train Europe Express
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- London and Paris Experience — $4,979 IExplore