- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Seven miles west of Fowey, Charlestown has a Georgian harbor so well preserved that it often appears in period film and television productions (antique-looking square-riggers are usually moored here). This port was built by a local merchant in 1791 to export the huge reserves of china clay from nearby St. Austell. It was also one of the ports from which 19th-century emigrants left for North America.
- Address: Fowey
- Location: Fowey
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Bristol Savings! Book at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton Fr $110+/Nt Expedia
- Stay 3 nights and save 10% off your stay!: The Clifton in May Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1524 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Bristol this May Fr $101+/Nt — $101 Expedia
- Book in Bristol: Save this May Fr $127+/Nt — $127 Save with Expedia, $35/night less
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
My 17 year old daughter will be flying alone from the US to Munich via London (Heathrow). Read more