- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway
Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway Review
Water and a cable system power the 862-foot cliff railway that connects these two towns. As they ascend a rocky cliff, you are treated to fine views over the harbor. Inaugurated in 1890, it was the gift of publisher George Newnes, who also donated Lynton's imposing town hall, near the top station on Lee Road.
- Address: The Esplanade, Lynmouth, EX35 6EQ
- Phone: 01598/753908
- Cost: £3.20 round-trip
- Hours: Mar. and Oct., daily 10–5; Apr.–late May and mid-Sept.–late Sept., daily 10–6; late May–late July and early Sept.–mid-Sept., daily 10–7; late July–early Aug., daily 10–8; early Aug.–early Sept., daily 10–9; early Nov., daily 10–4
- Website: www.cliffrailwaylynton.co.uk
- Location: Lynton and Lynmouth
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more