- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway
Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway Review
Water and a cable system power the 862-foot cliff railway that connects these two towns. As they ascend a rocky cliff, you are treated to fine views over the harbor. Inaugurated in 1890, it was the gift of publisher George Newnes, who also donated Lynton's imposing town hall, near the top station on Lee Road.
- Address: The Esplanade, Lynmouth, EX35 6EQ
- Phone: 01598/753908
- Cost: £3.20 round-trip
- Hours: Mar. and Oct., daily 10–5; Apr.–late May and mid-Sept.–late Sept., daily 10–6; late May–late July and early Sept.–mid-Sept., daily 10–7; late July–early Aug., daily 10–8; early Aug.–early Sept., daily 10–9; early Nov., daily 10–4
- Website: www.cliffrailwaylynton.co.uk
- Location: Lynton and Lynmouth
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more