- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- friendly, professional staff
- mixes modern and traditional
- delicious food
- some rooms and bathrooms are cramped
- tricky parking
Check Rates from our Partners
With its mustard-and-brown color scheme, plush furnishings, and fresh-feeling conservatory, this former coaching inn feels contemporary, but its lattice windows and exposed stone walls suggest a longer pedigree. You can even peer into a Roman-era well that provides mineral water bottled on the premises. Rooms in the 17th-century building are on the small side, but cozy and comfortable. Relax in the courtyard, next to a log fire in the lounge, or in the two lovely dining rooms.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
An early morning departure from Terminal 2, four people with luggage and rental car to be returned either that morning or late afternoon before. Read more