- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- superb central location
- wonderful views from front
- mixes old and new
- some rooms are small and viewless
- no parking
Check Rates from our Partners
ABode Exeter Review
Claimed to be the first inn in England to be described as a "hotel," the 1769 Royal Clarence (the old name still appears outside) has been transformed into a strikingly modern boutique hotel. It retains its ancient lines while offering thoroughly up-to-date rooms. On the ground floor are two contrasting restaurants—formal and casual—run by noted chef Michael Caines.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more