- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- superb central location
- wonderful views from front
- mixes old and new
- some rooms are small and viewless
- no parking
Check Rates from our Partners
ABode Exeter Review
Claimed to be the first inn in England to be described as a "hotel," the 1769 Royal Clarence (the old name still appears outside) has been transformed into a strikingly modern boutique hotel. It retains its ancient lines while offering thoroughly up-to-date rooms. On the ground floor are two contrasting restaurants—formal and casual—run by noted chef Michael Caines.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more